In general, breakfast is regarded as the most important meal of the day. This becomes even more of a priority when you are pregnant. Both, the baby and you require a wholesome meal to begin the day on the right note. A breakfast that is rich in most nutrients as well as promotes the growth of your baby should ideally be your goal, as it is the prime source of nutrition once the day begins.
Read Also: 4 Ways You Can (and Can’t) Get Pregnant
Below we have compiled a list of 5 easy-to-prepare and healthy recipes that would be good enough for all the nine months.
1. Yogurt With Nuts, Berries, And Granola
Yogurt consists of good stomach bacteria that keep common pregnancy issues like heartburn and constipation at bay (1). Granola bar is made of complex carbs such as whole wheat and oats. Berries are rich in anti-oxidants and an array of vitamins, whereas nuts have proteins and good fats in abundance. So, when blended together, this nutrient-rich breakfast makes for a good option to start your day with.
- ½ cup granola
- 1 scoop yogurt
- Handful of nuts (walnuts, pistachios and almonds)
- Handful of berries
- Take the yogurt in a bowl, and mix granola, berries, nuts with it. Quick and easy, right?
2. Whole Grain Toast Topped with Healthy Fats
Since whole grains do not instantly spike your sugar levels, they are highly recommended during pregnancy. Especially, when it is topped with certain healthy fats such as eggs and avocado, it makes a nutritious breakfast trio.
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ avocado
- Slice the boiled egg into thin pieces, and put them on top of the 2 whole wheat bread toasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper according to your preference, and devour.
3. Bagel Sandwich with Cream Cheese And Baked Salmon
Salmon is recommended for pregnancy because it is a great source for omega-3 fatty acids, which is ideal for your baby’s cognitive development (2). Whole-wheat bagel is a high-fibre carbohydrate and cream cheese is abundant in proteins.
- 1 whole wheat bagel
- Sliced baked salmon
- Cream cheese
- Slice bagel into two halves.
- Spread the cream cheese over them
- Stuff a portion of the baked salmon in the middle and you’re good to go.
4. Green Spinach And Kiwi Smoothie
There is no better way to start your day than with a tasty smoothie generous in calcium, folate, vitamin C, proteins, and omega-3. It acts as a great remedy for all your morning sickness woes.
- ½ cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Bunch of Spinach leaves
- 1 kiwi
- Just blend all the above ingredients in a mixer into a wholesome smoothie and enjoy!
5. Egg, Bean, And Cheese Burrito
Egg and cheese serve as good sources of fat. This burrito is full of proteins as it contains beans and egg in it.
- Cooked beans
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Mix the above ingredients and put them in the middle of the tortilla.
- Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper, and fold the edges.
Read Also: 6 Tips To Getting Rounder, Firmer Glutes
Now, we’re not saying that indulging in your cravings during pregnancy is wrong. That’s the best part about this phase of life. However, making sure that you equip your body with the required nutrients is critical to ensure good health for both, you and your baby.