Find home remedies for acne, acne pimple treatment at home, how to get rid of acne and pimples, what causes pimples, pimples home remedies, acne home remedies with lemon.
What Is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that causes spots and pimples,especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms.
It is the most common skin condition in the United States (U.S.), affecting up to 50 million .Americans yearly.
It commonly occurs during puberty, when the sebaceous glands activate, but it can occur at any age.
The glands produce oil and are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands in both males and females.
At least 85 percent of people in the U.S. experience acne between the ages of 12 and 24 years.
What causes acne?
No one factor causes acne. Acne occurs when sebaceous (oil) glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated at the time of puberty or due to other hormonal changes. Sebum (oil) is a natural substance that lubricates and protects the skin. Associated with increased oil production is a change in the manner in which the skin cells mature, predisposing them to plug the follicular pore. The plug can appear as a whitehead if it is covered by a thin layer of skin, or if exposed to the air, the darker exposed portion of the plug is called a “blackhead.” The plugged hair follicle gradually enlarges, producing a bump. As the follicle enlarges, the wall may rupture, allowing irritating substances and normal skin bacteria access into the deeper layers of the skin, ultimately producing inflammation. Inflammation near the skin’s surface produces a pustule; deeper inflammation results in a papule (pimple); if the inflammation is deeper still, it forms a cyst.
Here are some factors that don’t usually play a role in acne:
- Food: Parents often tell teens to avoid pizza, greasy and fried foods, and junk food. While these foods may not be good for overall health, they don’t cause acne or make it worse. Although some recent studies have implicated a high-carbohydrate diet, milk, and pure chocolate in aggravating acne, these findings are very far from established.
- Dirt: Blackheads are oxidized oil, not dirt. Sweat does not cause acne and is produced by entirely separate glands in the skin. On the other hand, excessive washing can dry and irritate the skin.
- Stress: Some people get so upset by their pimples that they pick at them and make them last longer. Stress, however, does not play much of a direct role in causing acne.
In occasional patients, the following may be contributing factors:
- Heredity: If one of your parents had severe acne, it is likely that your acne will be more difficult to control.
- Pressure: In some patients, pressure from helmets, chin straps, collars, suspenders, and the like can aggravate acne.
- Drugs: Some medications may cause or worsen acne, such as those containing iodides, bromides, or oral or injected steroids (either the medically prescribed prednisone [Deltasone, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Liquid Pred] or the steroids that bodybuilders or athletes sometimes take). Other drugs that can cause or aggravate acne are anticonvulsant medications and lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid). Most cases of acne, however, are not drug related.
- Occupations: In some jobs, exposure to industrial products like cutting oils may produce acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics and skin-care products are pore clogging (“comedogenic”). Of the many available brands of skin-care products, it is important to read the list of ingredients and choose those which have water listed first or second if one is concerned about acne. These “water-based” products are usually best for those with acne.
What can people do to get rid of their acne?
Moderation and regularity are good things, but not everyone can sleep eight hours, eat three good meals, and drink plenty of water a day. One can, however, still control acne despite one’s frantic and unpredictable routine. Probably the most useful lifestyle changes one can make is to never to pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean one is, nearly always makes bumps stay redder and bumpier longer. People often refer to redness as “scarring,” but fortunately, it usually isn’t permanent. It’s just a mark that takes months to fade if left entirely alone.
Cleansing and skin care
Despite what one might read in popular style and fashion magazines, there is no magic product or regimen that is right for every person and situation.
- Mild cleansers: Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid (for example, Dove, Neutrogena, Basis, Purpose, and Cetaphil are all inexpensive and popular) will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation.
- Exfoliating cleansers and masks: A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products may contain salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores. Products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also gentle skin exfoliants.
- Retinol: Not to be confused with the prescription medication Retin-A, this derivative of vitamin A can help promote skin peeling.
Reduce the oil
One cannot stop oil glands from producing oil. Even isotretinoin (Accutane, see below) only slows down oil glands for a while; they resume normal activity later. It is possible to get rid of oil on the surface of the skin and reduce the appearance of shine.
- Use a gentle astringent/toner to wipe away oil. (There are many brands available in pharmacies, as well as from manufacturers of cosmetic lines.)
- Products containing glycolic acid or one of the other alpha hydroxy acids are also helpful in clearing the skin by causing the superficial layer of the skin to peel (exfoliate).
- Masks containing sulfur and other ingredients draw out facial oil.
- Antibacterial pads containing benzoyl peroxide have the additional benefit of helping to wipe away oil.
Top Best Home Remedies For Acne
Take lemon juice and mix rose water in equal quantity in it. Now apply this mixture on face for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes was your face with fresh water. Using this home remedy for 10 to 15 days, will give you 100% relief in acne & pimples. If rose water is not available then you can rub lemon cover on your face and then wash face with lukewarm water before taking bath every day. This is one of best home remedies for acne.
- Never try to disturb acne & pimples otherwise it will leave permanent mark on your skin. Taking steam on your face will give you relief in acne.
- Take a jaiphal (nutmeg) and rub it on a clean stone with cow milk to make paste. Now apply this paste on face and allow it to be dry. After 20 minutes, remove this paste by rubbing your palm on face and wash face with lukewarm water. Follow this procedure twice in a day. It will not only give you relief in acne but also remove all the marks of acne and pimples from skin. If you cannot do this in daytime then apply this nutmeg paste in night on face and wash early morning. Jaiphal also increase your facial beauty and glow. This is one of nice home remedies for acne.
- Massage of olive oil prevents every kind of acne and pimples. It also removes black marks left by acne and pimples on skin. But olive oil makes your skin color darker so do not use olive oil frequently.
- Rub Neem ki chaal (Outer part of trunk) on a clean stone and apply this paste on acne.
- Take reetha cover and rub it on a clean stone with water and apply this paste on face. It will remove acne (muhase) and spots on face.
- Mix 1 table spoon honey and raw milk and apply on face for 20 min. After 20 minutes wash with fresh water.
- Make a thick paste on basan (gram flour) and apply on face for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes rub your face with hands to remove gram flour and clean with lukewarm water. It will kill all pimples and gives you glowing skin.
- Take masoor ki dal, watermelon seed and crush both with cow milk to make a thick paste. Now apply this paste on face for 15 min and wash with fresh water. It will remove all black spots and other marks on face caused by acne or pimples.
- Take Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water. Wash your face with water and make it dry using a cotton towel. Now make a mixture of 1 part vinegar and 3 part water. Apply on acne or pimples using a cotton ball and leave for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes wash with lukewarm water. Follow this process 2 times a day and use a moisturizer afterwards. Do not overdo this process otherwise it can dry out your skin too much. Vinegar kills the bacteria that may be the cause of acne or pimples. This is one of best home remedies for acne.
- Papaya is best fruit when fight with skin problems. Mash up the flesh of the papaya and apply on your face for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes wash with lukewarm water.
- Take some fresh orange peels and grind with water to make a paste. Apply this paste on face for 20 minutes. Then wash with normal water. Try this one of best home remedies for acne for sure result.
- Steam is helpful to reduce acne. Boil some water in a pot and then pour in a large bowl. Now place your face above the bowl, and drape the towel over your head to trap the steam. Do this for 10 minutes. Follow this process once a day for as long as you need. This is one of good home remedies for acne.
- Apply a paste of two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Wash your face after a few minutes. This is one of great home remedies for acne.
- Take orange peel and put under sun rays to get dry. Then grind orange peel to make powder. Take 1 table spoon of this powder and mix one table spoon gram flour or multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) in it. Now soak this mixture in water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes make a paste of it and apply on acne and pimples. Leave it for 10 minutes on face and then wash with lukewarm water. Follow this process for 4 to 6 weeks. One of best home remedies for acne.
- Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water. Apply this on face for 15 minutes and then wash with normal water. Its best natural remedy for pimples, wrinkles and dark spot on face.
- Take triphala powder every night with hot water before going to bed. Main reason of acne and pimples in most cases is bad stomach and constipation. If your stomach is happy then your skin is happy too so always try to make your stomach clean.
- Take 10 currant and soak in water for whole night. Next morning eat these currants and drink the same water. With in one month pimples will go away. Its a good home remedy for anemia.
- Mix 150gm carrot juice, 100gm tomato juice and 50gm beetroot juice. Take one glass of this mix juice everyday. It will make your skin glowing and pimple less. One of best home remedies for acne.
- Rub inner part of lemon on your face for 10 minutes and then wash with clean water.