Find home remedies for acidity, home remedies for acid reflux, acidity home remedies, home remedies for heartburn and how to stop acid reflux.
What is Acidity?
Acidity occurs when there is excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach. When the secretion is more than usual, we feel, what is commonly known as heartburn, which is normally triggered off by consumption of spicy and oily foods.
Well, there are lot of natural ways you can get rid of the problem. Thought to be due to increased pitta or the lack of digestive fire, Ayurveda prescribes a number of natural remedies for the conditions. Not only are these home remedies sans any side effects, they will also help resolve the discomfort that comes with acidity.
An excess or imbalance of digestive acids produced by the stomach can cause a stomach ache, gas, heartburn, nausea, bad breath and other symptoms. It is a common problem that affects people of all ages. Those who suffer frequently from acidity may refer to having an “acid stomach.” Eating oily & spicy foods, lack of exercise, irregular eating habits, stress, or drinking alcohol frequently can lead to acidity problems.
Some simple natural remedies can be used to treat stomach acidity. For instance, simply drinking one or two glasses of lemon water will help flush out excess acid in your stomach.
Symptoms of Acidity
The common signs and symptoms that you might experience are:
- Feeling heartburn, stomach burn, regurgitation, dyspepsia and throat burn
- Feeling of vomiting
- Heavy headache
- Yellow urine
- Sores on tongue
- Feeling heaviness in stomach
- Neck pain – Cervical pain
- Burning eyes
Causes of Acidity
There are 13 most common causes of acidity. We list them down for you.
- Long gaps between meals: Irregular meal timings, long and odd working hours are some of the common reasons. Most people working the night shift have acidity and other gastric problems.
- Sensitive to sour foods: Many people cannot tolerate sour foods, this can aggravate their acidity. For some, acidity can be aggravated even with mild acidic food. Usually, acid containing food like Trujuice, Amla drink, lemon water, citrus fruits are not tolerated on empty stomach. You can try to eat them at different timing by combining with a neutral food.
- Too much coffee or Tea: This again is a common cause. When taken on an empty stomach, tea or coffee could trigger acidity.
- High fibre foods: Many women face acidity problems after starting on high fibre foods like brown rice, vegetable juice, raw salads, sprouts etc. In such cases, they can gradually proceed from white rice to semi-polished rice. Boiled or steamed vegetables and sprouts are rather better than raw. They can consume Trufiber with small quantity until they are comfortable to increase further.
- Gut bacteria imbalance: Imbalance in the gut bacteria can also cause acidity. This can be tackled by having probiotic supplements and foods with a natural probiotic like buttermilk.
- Spicy food: Most people with acidity complaint cannot tolerate spicy food as spices increase acid secretions in the stomach.
- Low acid level: While acidity always brings out the image of excess acid secretion; bloating and indigestion also falls under this category. For many people, low stomach acid production can hinder digestion and cause bloating. In such cases, acidity and bloating can be managed by dietary modification. Adding a few acidic foods can help.
- Lack of sleep
- Too much stress
- Other food sensitivities: Food sensitivities like alcohol, gluten, dairy etc can also cause acidity.
- Medications: Antibiotics, steroids, anti-depressants etc can lead to low acid levels.
- No morning walk and exercise
- Alcohol, tobacco, Meat and eggs
Here you have Natural Home Remedies For Acidity
- After taking food every morning and evening, chew one clove will give you 100% relief in acidity, acid reflux and heartburn. It is known as “Konofuru” in part of western Nigeria.
Clove also destroy all problems relate to acidity. Clove puts positive effect on digestion system and increases your hunger. It also destroys stomach worms. If you have acidity then stop taking tea forever. This is best home remedies acidity.
2. Do not take tea with empty stomach.
3. Avoid food that is hot in nature and eat food with cold in nature.
4. Avoid anger and tension.
5. Take one glass lemon water everyday. It will give you quick relief.
6. Clove is also beneficial in cough and other respiratory diseases. It also increases white blood cells.
7. Drink minimum 10 glass water in a day.
8. Always eat fresh food and avoid oily and spicy food.
9. Take your dinner 2 hours before going to bed.
10. If you are taking milk then that should not be hot.