Piles also known as hemorrhoids or bawaseer or bawasir, are swollen vessels of blood in or around the rectum and anus. These hemorrhoid veins occur in the lowest part of the rectum and anus. Sometimes these blood vessels swell up so much that the vein walls get stretched and become thin and irritated during the bowel movement. Such a condition is termed as hemorrhoids. In short, hemorrhoids are the excretory system disorder caused by the swelling of inflamed hemorrhoid vessels.
What Is Piles?
Piles (Hemorrhoids) is one of the most common diseases now a days but there is no satisfactory treatment available for this disease in allopathy. There is no single treatment available for this disease which ensure that no symptoms of piles will occur in future . Also known as ‘Arsha’ in Ayurveda and stratified into dry and bleeding categories, it is condition when veins in the anal region get varicose. Main symptoms of piles are intense pain at the time of passing stool, bleeding. Often leads to anemia due to profuse bleeding and itching in the rectal region.
Types of Piles
There are two types of piles (hemorrhoid). One is the internal hemorrhoid and the other is the external hemorrhoid.
Internal haemorrhoids lie far enough inside the rectum that you can’t see or feel them. They don’t usually hurt because there are few pain-sensing nerves in the rectum. Bleeding may be the only sign that they are there. Sometimes internal haemorrhoids prolapse, or enlarge and protrude outside the anal sphincter. If so, you may be able to see or feel them as moist, pink pads of skin that are pinker than the surrounding area. Prolapsed haemorrhoids may hurt because they become irritated by rubbing from clothing and sitting. They usually recede into the rectum on their own; if they don’t, they can be gently pushed back into place.
External haemorrhoids lie within the anus and are often uncomfortable. If an external haemorrhoid prolapses to the outside (usually in the course of passing a stool), you can see and feel it. Blood clots sometimes form within prolapsed external haemorrhoids, causing an extremely painful condition called a thrombosis. If an external haemorrhoid becomes thrombosed, it can look rather frightening, turning purple or blue, and could possibly bleed. Despite their appearance, thrombosed haemorrhoids are usually not serious and will resolve themselves in about a week. If the pain is unbearable, the thrombosed haemorrhoid can be removed with surgery, which stops the pain.
Anal bleeding and pain of any sort is alarming and should be evaluated – it can indicate a life-threatening condition, such as bowel cancer. Haemorrhoids are the main cause of anal bleeding and are rarely dangerous, but a definite diagnosis from your doctor is essential.
Causes of Piles
Hemorrhoids / Pile are nothing but blood vessels around the rectum and anus which swell or bulge. They get inflamed with the increase in pressure in the lower rectum.
1. Chronic constipation or diarrhoea, lifting of heavy weights on a regular basis, straining of the rectum muscles while passing stool are some of the conditions which can cause piles.
2. Women develop piles during pregnancy as the body undergoes several changes at that time. And the condition of constipation may become severe during pregnancy.
3. Diet of the patient plays an important in causing Hemorrhoids. People eating too much processed food and foods with low fiber content often suffer from hemorrhoids.
4. Inadequate intake of fluids is also responsible in causing this bawaseer / bawasir disease.
5. Constipation is the main reason so we should avoid spicy and oil food from our diet and take butter milk every day after taking food.
6. Exercising without replenishing lost water.
7. Drinking liquid with high caffeine content, such as green tea, coffee and soft drinks.
8. A family background of hemorrhoids, which could mean you’re more likely to get them
Symptoms of Piles
In most cases piles are not serious and go away on their own after a few days.5
An individual with piles may experience the following symptoms:6
- A hard lump may be felt around the anus. It consists of coagulated blood, called a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. This can be painful
- After going to the toilet, a feeling that the bowels are still full
- Bright red blood after a bowel movement
- Itchiness around the anus
- Mucus discharge when emptying the bowels
- Pain while defecating
- The area around the anus may be red and sore.
Piles Treatment At Home / Hemorrhoids Treatment At Home
There are certain things that a patient can practice at home to reduce the suffering of hemorrhoids or bawaseer. In next few line we will talk about best natural home remedies for piles.
- Taking buttermilk is beneficial in piles. After taking lunch every day, drink 1 glass butter milk after mixing ¼ carom seed powder and 1 gm black salt in it. Its best remedy for hemorrhoids. If you have 100% relief in hemorrhoids then buttermilk will stop regeneration of hemorrhoids. Its one of best home remedies for piles and hemorrhoid.
- If blood is continuously coming out of piles clumps then take 3 gm berberis aristata, 50 gm curd and mix well. Eat this mixture everyday in the morning for 4 days. It will give you 100% relief in bloody piles. Its one of great piles home remedies.
- In food eat only curd, rice and lentils. If you have bloody hemorrhoids then eating onion with curd or buttermilk is best remedy for piles. Onion is best food in any kind of hemorrhoids. In bloody piles eat 500 gm papaya after 30 min of your lunch. Eating radish is beneficial in any kind of hemorrhoids.
- Petroleum jelly can be used to make the bowel movement soft and less painful.
- Avoid sitting for hours. One who is suffering from bleeding piles should not sit at a place for longer period of time. Straining and sitting in one place put pressure on Hemorrhoids and encourages bleeding.
The peel of the red pomegranate fruit is another best home remedy for hemorrhoids. Boil pomegranate peel in water, strain and drink this water once or twice regularly.
Dehydration is one of the causes of piles. So, drink ginger, lime and honey juice two times a day to stay hydrated and cure piles.
Boil turmeric root with water or milk and have every day to cure piles naturally.
- Eat papaya everyday anyhow. Papaya is rich of fiber and makes bowl movement smooth.
- Bitter gourd leaves are effective in piles. It helps to reduce the pain and swelling. Crush bitter gourd leaves to extract the juice and mix three teaspoons of this juice with one glass of buttermilk. Drink this mixture everyday with empty stomach for one month.
- Apply aloe vera gel, natural witch hazel or a bland soothing cream in your rectal area to ease the irritation. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash up for hemorrhoids cure.
- Butcher’s Broom: Butcher’s broom concentrate is utilized every now and again to treat poor blood circulation. Butcher’s broom has vein contracting and calming properties, which upgrade the integrity and tone of the veins. Its best for natural treatment of piles or hemorrhoids.
- Take one tea spoonful of roasted black cumin seeds. Mix it with one tea spoonful of unroasted cumin seeds. Take half tea spoon of this mixture with a glass of water once in a day. This will help a lot to recover from bleeding piles (bawasir). Its effective piles treatment at home in bleeding.
- Try sitz bath covered with warm water. A sitz bath is an over-the-toilet bath for the butts and buttocks that can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids. Rather than simply dripping in warm water, a sitz bath sprays the infected area with a stream of warm water.
- Avoid foods that makes Hemorrhoids worse. Alcohol and caffeine increase urination and can cause dehydration. Dehydration can cause constipation which later can lead to piles.
- Do not use hard chemicals at your anal area otherwise it may damage your piles lumps badly.
- Turnips leaves have been counted as one of the best home remedies for piles. Take 150 ml. juice of turnip leaves everyday with empty stomach.
- Take 2gm powder of sweet pomegranate peel twice a days with normal water. Follow this process for 10 days to get sure relief in bloody hemorrhoids.
- Mix 5gm alum powder, 20 gm sweet grilled Colchicum Autumnale powder and 1 gm Acacia karoo gum. Make small candies of this mixture. Take one candy with fresh water. Follow this step 3 times a day.
- If you are frustrated with hemorrhoids hard lump, then take 20gm butter or curd and mix 10gm alum in it. Apply this mixture on hemorrhoids lump. It will make these lumps dry.
- In bloody hemorrhoids, mix some alum in water and bath your anus with this water. It will give you instant relief. Mix 2gm alum powder in 50gm curd and eat every morning and evening with empty stomach.
- Eat radish with turmeric. Its very beneficial for pile patient.
- Take papaya tree root and crush to make a paste. Apply this paste on pile lumps. Its great piles home remedy.
- Apply tamarind flower juice on pile lumps. It will decrease the pain very much and pile lumps will be hide very soon.
- Mix 50 gm pomegranate fruit grains with 100 gm jaggery. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture 3 times a day. It will cure hemorrhoids very fast. Its natural treatment for piles.
- If you have bloody piles then mix papaya seeds juice with some honey and consume.
- Mix Coriander juice with some candy sugar and consume. It will give you instant relief in bloody piles.
- Take pure butter, sesame seeds and candy sugar each one table spoonful and mix will. Consume this. It will stop blood from piles lumps.
- Grass juice is beneficial in bloody piles. Take it every morning.
- In bloody Hemorrhoids patient should take Tamarind leaves juice.
- Burn a brinjal and take ASH of that. Now mix that ash with sugar cane vinegar and apply on piles lumps. Do this everyday.
- Dabbing witch hazel on the hemorrhoids can reduce the pain and irritation. Witch hazel decreases irritation and reduces swelling with chemicals called “tannins.”
- Do not scratch the hemorrhoids. Scratching will make the condition worse and can get infected as well.
- Use paracetamol as a pain reliever.
- Keep the anal area clean. Do not rub the place while cleaning.
- Avoid sitting at the toilet for more than 5 minutes.
- Take 50 gm reetha (Sapindus mukorossi), put it on iron plate and cover with a still bowl. Now put this iron plate on low flame until all reetha gets burn. Now off the flame and after 1 hour make thin powder of this burned reetha. Now Take 20 gm reetha powder and mix it with 20 gm Acacia catechu. Eat 1 gm of this mixture every morning and evening with 20gm butter and take 20 gm milk after that. It is best home remedy for bleeding hemorrhoids treatment and herbal remedy for piles.
- Take 10gm leaves of marigold, 5 black pepper and 10 gm candy sugar. Soak all of these in 60 gm water for 1 hour and after one hour mash all these in same water, filter that water with a clean cloth and drink it. Follow this process for 4 days. During this process do not eat hot food and prevent contraction.
- Turnip known as shalgam, is another one of useful home remedies for piles. Prepare a mixture of 50 ml each of carrot, spinach and turnip leaves juice and take it every morning.
- To get relief from bleeding due to Hemorrhoids, take a teaspoon powder of mustard seeds and mix it with half a cup of goat’s milk, adding a little sugar. Drink this early in the morning on an empty stomach.
Treatment In Allopathy
In most cases hemorrhoids go away naturally. In case they do not, the patient has to treat it properly so that it is properly cured. Proper treatments can help to get rid of the condition easily. There are several treatment options to get rid of hemorrhoids. Let us have a closer look at the available treatment options for piles.
- Corticosteroids: These are helpful in reducing the pain as well as inflammation.
- Banding: Banding is the process of placing an elastic band at the base of the pile inside the anus. Doctors apply this method to cure the condition of piles as the band can cut off the blood supply in the haemorrhoid veins and the pile fall of in few days. This method is helpful in treating grade 2 and grade 3 hemorrhoids.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is the method of treatment in which a medicine is injected that shrink the haemorrhoid. It is useful in treating grade 2 and 3 hemorrhoids.
- Infrared coagulation: It is the treatment method in which a device is used to burn the haemorrhoid tissues.
- Ointments, pads and over the counter medications: Some over the counter medicines help to soothe the swelling and redness around the anus. Some of these medications contain hydrocortisone, hazel and some other active ingredients which are effective in reducing the itchiness and pain. These medications so not cure the disease, but they treat the symptoms only. It is advised not to use these medications for more than seven days. If the condition persists after that, you must consult a doctor. Using these medications for more than seven days can make the skin thin and cause more irritation around the anus area. Using more than one of these medications shall not be practiced unless advised by a doctor.
- Laxatives: Laxatives are helpful in reducing constipation. If the basic cause of hemorrhoids in a particular patient is chronic constipation, doctor may prescribe a laxative to cure the disease. A laxative relieves the patient from the pain at the time of passing stool as they make the bowel soft.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in causing piles / bawaseer / bawasir and thus changing the food habit is a great way to treat the disease. Chronic constipation needs to be cured in order to get rid of piles. Hence, a high fibre diet will be the most helpful diet plan to treat piles. Food consisting of lots of vegetables, nuts, fruits and whole grain are extremely good for people suffering from piles. Drinking adequate amount of water helps to keep the bowel movement easy and prevents from straining while passing stool. Intake of salt must be monitored as excess salt can cause retention of fluid and result in swelling of veins.
- Surgery: Doctors advice for surgery when the pile is large or of grade 2 or 3 type. When all other treatment procedures fail, surgery is the only way out. There are two of surgeries which are done to cure piles or bawaseer. Haemorrhoidectomy is the surgical removal of the excess tissue that causes the bleeding. Haemorrhoid stapling is the surgical process in which the blood flow to the haemorrhoid tissue is blocked. It is less painful than the first surgical method.
Treatment Without Operation
A capsule knows as pilesgon is highly recommended for Hemorrhoids patients. As it is herbal cure to treat piles, there are less chances of a side effect. Some of its contents are pretty tried and tested old remedies that have been worldwide used and recommended for various health problems.
Basically this capsule helps a great deal as it really reduces the itching and also helps in curing pain and also reduced the bleeding. The various contents of this capsule are entirely herbal and natural, hence no reason to worry about a backlash. It is a relatively more permanent, safe, easy and inexpensive solution for the people suffering from piles.
Ayurveda is an answer to every medical problem nowadays. And piles Is no exception. Yoga ashwini, has proved to be very efficient for piles. It has the ability to cure piles permanently. It improves the circulation of blood and help in strengthening of anal walls.
To decide upon a treatment method for Hemorrhoids, one must understand that various levels of the damage, requires different courses of handling them. There is always a chance that your case of piles can very well be treated without surgery. In fact, most cases of piles don’t even require an operation. A patient must know if his condition is external or internal. If the ballooning is taking place inside the anal area, it is internal piles, but if it is occurring on the outside of the anal canal, it is a case of external piles.
How To Prevent Piles?
A healthy lifestyle and healthy diet is the key factor for preventing Hemorrhoids. Regular exercise will help to keep the bowel movement smooth and lower the chances of constipation. Use the toilet whenever you feel the urge and do not sit on the toilet for long. This will help to avoid straining at the time of bowel movement and thus will not create pressure in the lower part of the rectum. Avoid using laxatives unnecessarily and eat foods having high fibre content.