Beautiful and healthy hair is something every woman deserves. Many women all over the globe try their best to keep their lovely locks looking luscious and long. Indeed, blessed are those who are born with gorgeous hair and don’t even need to worry about maintaining it! For the rest of us poor mortals, a luscious, glossy mane is a feat that requires immense hard work. And the growing pollution that makes one’s hair dull and brittle only serves to make this task more difficult!
It’s also tremendously hard to visit beauty salons and get the necessary treatment every time. Which is why maintenance becomes time-consuming and expensive. Besides, all those salon remedies aren’t completely chemical-free, and can prove to be more damaging to your hair.
So, what does a woman desiring lustrous locks do next? She tries chopping her length away to manage it. Now, we are not saying that short hair doesn’t look good, but cutting the hair solely because one cannot maintain it properly is sad.
What would you do if we told you that we have the simplest home remedy for your hair to become healthier and more beautiful? This remedy consists of ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. And to top that, it is pocket-friendly too!
What is this wondrous home remedy? A hair mask bound with aluminum foil! Read on to discover how you can reclaim the health of your hair with this shockingly simple DIY hair remedy.
Why Aluminum Foil?
First of all, aluminum prevents a hair mask from dripping down your hair. It covers the hair and does not allow dust particles to settle on the sticky mixture. But the greatest benefit of aluminum foil is that it conserves heat. This warms up the hair and opens the hair cuticles, which allows for better absorption of your special hair mask.
What You Will Need
All you need is one lemon, one banana, milk, and some aluminum foil.
- Mash the banana and blend it with some milk. If you find the mixture too thick, add some more milk till you get it to a paste-like consistency. Make sure that it is not runny.
- Now add the juice of one lemon to this mixture and mix well. Your hair mask is ready!
- Apply the mask as soon as you make it as keeping the mixture unused for a long time may not provide you with the desired results.
How To Apply
- Apply this hair mask on your hair with the help of a brush or your hands.
- Start with the roots and then apply to the hair lengthwise. Massage at the roots for some time with the tip of your fingers, and make sure that you cover all your hair.
You don’t need to wear gloves for this procedure but can do so if you want to minimize the mess.
- Now cover your hair with aluminum foil. Make sure that the dull side is over the head. It would be easier to cut strips of the foil beforehand and then covering the hair with it.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash your hair with warm water. You can use your regular shampoo for washing.
- Let the hair dry. Read a magazine or chat with a friend while the mask is on and forget about the frizzy and damaged hair.
You will find that your hair has become a little soft and shiny from the first application itself! If you suffer from dandruff, use this mask regularly (every time you wash your hair) and it will take care of it.
Now, you’re probably wondering why this DIY recipe has the ingredients that it does. Well, it does so due to the very specific benefits that it can offer your hair. Read on to discover the same!
Benefits Of Banana
Bananas are a rich source of potassium (1). They also contain natural oils, which are good for the scalp. They help in bringing shine to the hair and keeping dandruff at bay by moisturizing the scalp. Hair breakage is also reduced as bananas help in maintaining the elasticity of our hair.
Benefits Of Milk
Milk contains proteins that strengthen the hair (2). Milk also contains calcium and other vitamins, which help to keep the hair thick and add luster to it.
Benefits Of Lemon
Lemon juice, when used along with other ingredients, can be really beneficial for the hair. It helps in cleaning the clogged follicles and prepares the scalp to absorb moisture. It also helps in getting rid of dandruff with regular use. But make sure that you are not using the lemon juice directly as it has natural bleaching properties.
Read Also: 7 Ways To Use Lemons For Beauty
This hassle-free hair mask is going to work wonders for your hair. It will surely lessen your trips to the salon and you will never be forced to cut your hair. It is cost-effective and takes less than an hour (in total) to get healthy and beautiful hair.
So, ladies, no matter how hectic your schedule is we hope you incorporate this simple remedy into your haircare regime. Do let us know about your wonderful experience. We are eager to hear from you!